Monday, July 19, 2010

Une blog blague








Since last week, a couple special events have happened. We DID see the tour de france. The whole camp trekked to the road where they were coming by (last photo). We had lunch there, picnic, and then watched the parada that rides in front... a kind of caravan with specially designed vehicles that advertize and throw out goodies (3rd pic from the bottom). I actually got an LCL cap, which is the same bank whose ATM ate my debit card. About an hour afterwards, the bikers came coasting down the mountain, and passed us in a climax of 5 seconds. Most of them were huddled in a group. In the top pic, you can see the biker back on the road. It was a fun trip, and supposedly, we saw Lance Armstrong, though we didn't know that we saw him (or did we really see him if we didn't know that we saw him? famous philosophy of mind question).

Tonight, Aaron (roomate, was in Marseille with me... he's from Freed-Hardaman, touring French churches) and I climbed a nearby mountain, Mont Gerbierdejoncs, which is supposed to be the source of the Loire, the longest river in France (other three nature pics). It was a great trip... a decent amount of hiking, but nothing ridiculously strenuous. I think most of my readers are familiar with Sugarload in AR, and it was about like that. At the top, we had a magnificent view, and we read, journaled, and marvelled until after sunset.

Otherwise, everything is going fairly well. Food is good. We're learning a lot of dishes words. Playing basketball most days. Camp is half over, and I am missing home while enjoying the end of time in France.

New favorite french phrase: Tu sais francais comme une vache espagnol! which translates, You know French like a Spanish cow! very useful

(Lynda, sorry if I made any grammatical mistakes! My battery dies...)

1 comment:

  1. Nathan,
    I'm glad that you got to see the race. Thanks for all the pictures. They are great.

    I'm working today on my parent's stuff. Sally and I plan to go out to eat tonight.

    We are anxious to see you. God bless. I love you.

    Harold

    ReplyDelete