Sunday, July 25, 2010

Un Post







Well, this may be the last post. Of note in the last two days, yesterday the whole camp went to the nearby village of ----- (Charles Dickens does this, so I figure I should be able to). The dishes crew (Aaron, Jordan, and I) walked with the younger kids to keep them from walking in front of cars along the curvy hilly roads. The kids sang some marching songs, similar to American ones (e.g. "sound-off, 1-2-3-4"). It was fun.

In town, a bunch of the campers presented a musical, and some of the counselors sang. Oh, I meant to say that last week there was a talent show, and a few of the counselors (including me) sang some Acapella songs. Well, we sang them again at this Catholic church (not quite a cathedral... probably around 600 years old). In English. I sang a more-or-less freestyle bass line.

Oh, the Hendrixes came to camp yesterday. Arlin spoke this morning about the parable of the man who owns a vineyard and sends the servants and finally his son to check on the workers. It was good.

Oh, I meant to put this in last week, but I did end up meeting some of the campers and talking to them in French. There's one girl, Alexia, who says "bonjour" to the dishes crew every morning at breakfast. She's quite adorable.

This afternoon 4 of us went hiking up an un-trailed mountain nearby (pics). It was adventureous... never knowing what was next, or if it was "safe". There was poison ivy everywhere, so although I was careful... we'll see. I tend to get it rather terribly.

We head out from camp Tuesday. I'll be in Marseille for a couple days killing time until my plane leaves.

Pour les personnes qui parlent francias, ou pour quelq'un qui sait assez des roots latines a compredre, merci pour lire mon blog cet ete. Vous etes tres gentils et patients. Je pense que j'ai appris beaucoup des mots et grammar francais, mais il y a nombre titantique de choses que je ne sais pas mais saurai tot. Je peux lire beaucoup de la bible. Parler est encore le plus dificil. Au revoir. Je verrai le plupart de vous tot.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan,
    The sound of the human voice in song in those old cathedrals is rather amazing. What an experience.

    It all sounds like so much fun. I'm glad it is going well.

    While on Grandpa's farm I got near some poison ivy, but had gloves on and only touched things that touched the leaves. So far, ok. I hope you don't break out.

    God bless. I love you.

    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I didn't pick it up. Either it wasn't poison ivy (doubtful) or I managed to avoid enough of it by wearing jeans and shoes.

    Yes, the resonance on the cathedral was stunning.

    ReplyDelete