Thursday, July 15, 2010

Camp

I've been at camp since Sunday. We're in the mountains of central france. It's beautiful, cool, remote. I've been washing dishes. It's been amazing. That's the short of it. Kids are running around the few of us who have dared to reveal our laptops, now. The sun has set, but there's an afterglow of red orange yellow green fading into the lower mountains below us.

We've been busy, but content. Basketball. Devos. Lots of pots, pans, silverware, mops, hot water, and silly French regulations.

Tomorrow, the tour de France is passing nearby, and the whole camp is picnicing to see it. Yeah, awesome.

Great food; enough english to keep me sane; rest time for reading... Wittgenstein, Dickens, and current fantasy.

Pictures later. There's bound to be a great one of me with my hairnet, apron, and beardnet (the envy of the cleaning crew).

2 comments:

  1. All Right!

    We just got in from FtW where I spoke at Steve Cloer's church.

    I love you.

    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Central France?
    Did you see the race?

    ReplyDelete