Tuesday, May 25, 2010

arriving

They do have the internet in France.

Memento-style blog.

Posts blog. I'm safely on the 4th floor of an apartment overlooking the Saone river in Lyon. It's nighttime. I have just eaten dinner with the host family's daughter, Sophie, a senior in college. The host family parents are finishing up their vacation. Their son Aymeric sped me around the city after picking me up from the train station. I got there from Marseille, where I spent most of the (French-time) day (Tuesday) at the station, encumbered with bags. Amsterdam got me to Marseille, and DFW took me to Amsterdam. Before eating at Cracker Barrel, Mom and Dad and I leave Edmond.

Everything has gone well so far. The apartment is quite large. I have a room to myself. It's close to everything in the city.

Later this week, hopefully hanging out with Bena and Kat and (separately) going to the Swiss Alps.

1 comment:

  1. Nathan,

    Glad you made it and everything ok. We had a leisurely trip back to Edmond, stopping at Murray State Park and walking by the water. We ended up eating at Jason's Deli in Norman! I planted flowers in the front circle today. MOM

    ReplyDelete